But I would add the word “yet”.
The rule in personal lines is simple: go volume, go niche or go home.
Sometimes deals just make sense.
Admittedly sometimes they don’t but let’s stick with trying to be positive and look at a couple of examples in the first category.
Marsh buying Jelf made a lot of sense from the outside. It could add in the regional branch network, move across any relevant business and leave the management to deliver. Each element could support the other and growth
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Romero Group moves to Applied Epic