If Glasgow were a type of music what would it be? Not the blues and not folk, great as these are. It would surely be high tempo techno or happy house. Why? Because when it comes to being upbeat Glasgow really is smiling.
That is not to say there are no challenges for the region – the state of the economy and the upcoming vote on Scottish independence spring to mind – but the mood notes are positive without becoming Pollyanna-esque.
“Overall I would not think the effect of the financial crisis
- PIB seeking to raise £100m - £200m to fund growth
- Nick Milton to develop Pen Underwriting’s broker strategy replacing Simon Taylor
- Experts urge brokers to look over remuneration after FCA warning on GI distribution failings
- Wonga's Tara Waite (formerly Kneafsey) returns to insurance with Ageas role
- Arch buys Obelisk Underwriting
- Tokio Marine Kiln’s Blundell joins Biba
- FCA warns brokers to be ready for SM&CR