People might have been expecting a big bang, but Amanda Blanc’s first month or so in charge of the European, Middle East and Asia regime of Zurich has been remarkable in its unremarkableness.
Speaking to someone who knows her pretty well last week they indicated - as you’d expect - given the size [geographically] of the new role, Blanc has been putting in some air miles getting to know the territories she now oversees.
However, almost by stealth, she made her first move yesterday with the hire
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role