People might have been expecting a big bang, but Amanda Blanc’s first month or so in charge of the European, Middle East and Asia regime of Zurich has been remarkable in its unremarkableness.
Speaking to someone who knows her pretty well last week they indicated - as you’d expect - given the size [geographically] of the new role, Blanc has been putting in some air miles getting to know the territories she now oversees.
However, almost by stealth, she made her first move yesterday with the hire
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Martyn Holman joins Banks-owned Eldon Insurance board
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lockton announces key hires in Birmingham and Manchester