People might have been expecting a big bang, but Amanda Blanc’s first month or so in charge of the European, Middle East and Asia regime of Zurich has been remarkable in its unremarkableness.
Speaking to someone who knows her pretty well last week they indicated - as you’d expect - given the size [geographically] of the new role, Blanc has been putting in some air miles getting to know the territories she now oversees.
However, almost by stealth, she made her first move yesterday with the hire
- Aviva grows mid-market appetite
- MRIB buys Independents
- Ex-Enterprise non-exec chairman Nick Cruz sues Gibraltar regulator for libel
- Unauthorised broker targets customers on Instagram
- Biba warns of 'uncharted waters' as Theresa May's Brexit deal is rejected
- Saffron buys Farmer Insurance Brokers
- NMU in specialist line-led restructure