Brokers should take advantage of the opportunities they have to partner with InsurTech firms, according to Alan Thomas, chief commercial officer at Simply Business.
At a panel debate at the Broker Expo in Coventry on 1 November, Thomas stated that brokers need to understand what data they are sitting on and find the tools to use it.
Simon Harrow, head of digital strategy at iGo4, agreed that it was not too late for brokers to get involved in InsurTech.
“The industry is going through the same
- Aston Lark buys Highworth Insurance
- David Ross accused of “not caring” about acting lawfully
- Zurich temporarily pulls out of direct home
- Allianz hires Gerry Ross as head of commercial motor
- Marsh-owner gains approval to buy Jardine Lloyd Thompson
- Arch Insurance International invests in MGA
- Legal & General unveils tech solution for brokers