While the start of the year saw a majority of negative numbers, the second quarter of 2018 has turned towards positive premium movements – although in some cases very small – in all lines bar one.
Insurance experts confirmed that the general movements reported by Acturis were broadly in line with what they were seeing in the market.
Cathy Taylor, head of commercial underwriting and operations at Ageas, noted that the market continued to be highly competitive, with new managing general
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Ardonagh losses decrease for Q1
- Martyn Holman joins Banks-owned Eldon Insurance board