News editor Ida Axling and commissioning editor Laurence Eastham look at the stories that caused a stir in the week commenting 19 August 2019.
The week's top story covered the Financial Services Compensation Scheme's decision to compensate around 14,000 policyholders at bankrupt Danish company Alpha Insurance, following the collapse of a proposed deal with BCR Legal Group earlier in the month.
Use the link to hear their thoughts and analysis.
You can also download the podcast to listen to
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Granite to create 300 new jobs
- Saga profits plummet in all operating areas
- Ecclesiastical's John Blundell to retire in 2020
- Ten takes small profit hit due to software house move