The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) is to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect premium insurance policyholders.
The move follows the collapse of a proposed deal arranged by BCR Legal Group to provide replacement cover for Alpha’s 10-year latent defect/structural damage insurance policies.
Since May 2018, when the Danish company Alpha Insurance was declared bankrupt, FSCS has worked with BCR, the FCA, the Alpha liquidator and the Danish Guarantee Fund to try and secure
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Granite to create 300 new jobs
- Saga profits plummet in all operating areas
- Ecclesiastical's John Blundell to retire in 2020
- Ten takes small profit hit due to software house move