The Association of British Insurers (ABI) has revealed that 99% of claims made on ABI-member cyber insurance policies in 2018 were paid.
The body detailed that this is one of the highest claims acceptance rates across all insurance products.
The calculations are based on the 207 cyber claims that were made and settled in 2018, of which 205 were paid.
Despite this, the body argued that the take-up rate of cyber insurance by businesses in the UK is still worryingly low, with the overall market
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018