LV GI has announced results for the first six months of the year and, excluding transfers of commercial lines to Allianz, GWP at the insurer has grown 12% from £696m in H1 2018 to £775m in H1 2019.
Operating profit for the personal lines business grew 55% from £23m to £35m over the same period.
Meanwhile, operating expenses fell 2% from £162m to £160m.
Chief executive officer Steve Treloar hailed “a really excellent first half of the year” for the business.
Speaking with Insurance
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018