Direct Line Group, parent firm of NIG, has reported an improved COR of 92.5% for the first half of 2019 compared to 92.9% in the same period last year.
The organisation attributed some growth to the performance of its commercial division, which includes NIG.
The results noted that NIG and other in-force policies grew by 2.4% to 251,000 (H1 2018: 245,000).
Meanwhile, gross written premium (GWP) remained steady at £205.9m as the business grew lower average premium package policies
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018