Experts have warned that they are struggling to find capacity for start-ups due to the risks involved in covering them.
During a panel session at the MGAA Conference earlier this week, a mix of brokers, insurers and managing general agents (MGA) discussed the hardening of the insurance market.
Stuart Wright, chief executive officer of managing general agent Omnyy, noted that AIG and Lloyd’s are “leading the charge” in the hardening of the market.
He added: “MGAs should absolutely embrace rate
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?