Experts have warned that they are struggling to find capacity for start-ups due to the risks involved in covering them.
During a panel session at the MGAA Conference earlier this week, a mix of brokers, insurers and managing general agents (MGA) discussed the hardening of the insurance market.
Stuart Wright, chief executive officer of managing general agent Omnyy, noted that AIG and Lloyd’s are “leading the charge” in the hardening of the market.
He added: “MGAs should absolutely embrace rate
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Hobbs reveals Allianz’s £35m debut at Lloyd’s
- UK Broker Awards: Winners revealed
- Samways retires after decade at Miles Smith
- Clear set to make more deals this year
- Clive Edwards becomes CEO of Aspen Insurance UK
- Tokio Marine Kiln restructures management
- FSCS pays out to Lamp GAP and health customers