Tokio Marine Kiln Group’s UK business TMKI made a loss of £16.3m in 2017 according to the most recent results posted to Companies House.
Yesterday (20 June), the Group announced it was placing TMKI into run-off to focus on its Lloyd’s business.
Overall Group profit for the financial year fell to £1.8m from £4.8m in 2016. This drop was driven by the underwriting performance of TMKI.
TMKI’s GWP contribution to the Group is believed to be around £150m – the Group handles around £2bn of GWP
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Lloyd’s strategy change gets market backing
- Danish regulator orders Gefion not to expand its business volume
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role
- CRL close to finding replacement for Alpha policies
- Insurance Cares: FCA consults on travel cover for people with medical issues