Tokio Marine Kiln Group’s UK business TMKI made a loss of £16.3m in 2017 according to the most recent results posted to Companies House.
Yesterday (20 June), the Group announced it was placing TMKI into run-off to focus on its Lloyd’s business.
Overall Group profit for the financial year fell to £1.8m from £4.8m in 2016. This drop was driven by the underwriting performance of TMKI.
TMKI’s GWP contribution to the Group is believed to be around £150m – the Group handles around £2bn of GWP
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Hobbs reveals Allianz’s £35m debut at Lloyd’s
- UK Broker Awards: Winners revealed
- Samways retires after decade at Miles Smith
- Clear set to make more deals this year
- Clive Edwards becomes CEO of Aspen Insurance UK
- Tokio Marine Kiln restructures management
- FSCS pays out to Lamp GAP and health customers