Glasgow-based broker Blackford has bought an Edinburgh customer book from TL Dallas.
Comprising around 100 clients, the portfolio has a collective premium value of more than £3m.
The firm stated that it has opened a new office in Fountainbridge, Edinburgh, to accommodate its expansion.
A new team of brokers has also been hired to manage the acquired portfolio. As well as its regional responsibilities, Blackford expects the Edinburgh team to be instrumental in generating new business
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Lloyd’s suspends employee for “inappropriate comments” – report
- Brokers monitoring capacity shortages after TMKI run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln: Figures revealed following closure of UK arm
- Market moves: Change is in the air
- GRP’s County Group purchases Eric Rawlins & Company
- Profit margins for UK brokers at highest level in eight years