Allianz has agreed to buy the rest of the Liverpool Victoria General Insurance (LVGI) business (30.1%) for £365m.
According to Allianz, the agreement will:position Allianz as the number two general insurer in the UK with a 2018 combined gross written premium income of £4,029m and a market share of nine percent; establish Allianz as a top four insurer in the UK personal home segment; and mean 12m general insurance customers are now part of Allianz in the UK.
The sale marks LV’s withdrawal
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Granite to create 300 new jobs
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Freedom partners with ThingCo to launch Pukka Tech
- People Moves Round-up: 16-20 September 2019
- Ecclesiastical's John Blundell to retire in 2020