Allianz has agreed to buy the rest of the Liverpool Victoria General Insurance (LVGI) business (30.1%) for £365m.
According to Allianz, the agreement will:position Allianz as the number two general insurer in the UK with a 2018 combined gross written premium income of £4,029m and a market share of nine percent; establish Allianz as a top four insurer in the UK personal home segment; and mean 12m general insurance customers are now part of Allianz in the UK.
The sale marks LV’s withdrawal
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Lloyd’s suspends employee for “inappropriate comments” – report
- Brokers monitoring capacity shortages after TMKI run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln: Figures revealed following closure of UK arm
- Market moves: Change is in the air
- GRP’s County Group purchases Eric Rawlins & Company
- Profit margins for UK brokers at highest level in eight years