Unrated insurer, Lamp applied for liquidation at the Supreme Court of Gibraltar late last week.
In a statement the Gibraltarian firm said that it made efforts to secure more investment, but its liquidation application will be heard in Court on Friday 31 May.
The statement read: “Having recently ceased to enter into new contracts of insurance or renew existing contracts the directors of Lamp Insurance Company and its parent company have been exploring all options available to them to obtain
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Granite to create 300 new jobs
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Freedom partners with ThingCo to launch Pukka Tech
- People Moves Round-up: 16-20 September 2019
- Saga profits plummet in all operating areas