Unrated insurer, Lamp applied for liquidation at the Supreme Court of Gibraltar late last week.
In a statement the Gibraltarian firm said that it made efforts to secure more investment, but its liquidation application will be heard in Court on Friday 31 May.
The statement read: “Having recently ceased to enter into new contracts of insurance or renew existing contracts the directors of Lamp Insurance Company and its parent company have been exploring all options available to them to obtain
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Lloyd’s suspends employee for “inappropriate comments” – report
- Brokers monitoring capacity shortages after TMKI run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln: Figures revealed following closure of UK arm
- Market moves: Change is in the air
- GRP’s County Group purchases Eric Rawlins & Company
- Profit margins for UK brokers at highest level in eight years