AIG Europe (AEL) made a pre-tax profit of £59.5m for the 12 months to 30 November 2018, according to a statement about its financial result.
This represents a vast improvement on the losses of £431.5m the previous year.
The combined operating ratio (COR) also improved more than 10% from 114.6% in 2017 to 103.4%.
The business also saw net written premium fall from £3.91bn to £3.78bn.
AIG detailed that this change reflected a “decision to focus on core areas of growth. Financial Lines
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- GRP buys risk management firm H&S Click