Abbey Legal Before The Event Services (BTE) became Markel Legal Expenses Insurance yesterday (1 May).
The BTE insurance provider was acquired by SME-focused insurer Markel for £116.5m in 2014, and its legal policy has been underwritten by Markel since then.
Markel says the rebrand adheres to its campaign to offer a range of specialist services under one banner.
It promised brokers that they can expect more from the insurer in reference to the level of service and range of insurance, tax and
The Insurance Age editorial team dig into this week's top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Mactavish criticises industry for "knee-jerk reaction" in hardening market
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change
- FCA reiterates dual pricing concerns
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Acquis backers Dunedin to pursue more insurance deals