Allianz has put 97 people under the threat of redundancy as it looks to close its Woking and Luton branches.
The insurer said that changes to local market dynamics and the need to evolve in a competitive environment are the key drivers behind the decision.
Allianz detailed that employees in both offices have been briefed and the business will now enter a 45 day collective consultation process to discuss the proposals. It is anticipated that 49 employees in Woking and 48 employees in Luton will
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Allianz appoints branch leaders
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m
- Broker Expo 2019: Q&A with Aviva's Dave Carey