After six months of rising prices in the second half of 2018, car insurance premiums fell by 1% (£12) to £762 in Q1 2019, according to the Willis Towers Watson and Confused Car Insurance Price Index.
Comprehensive car insurance premiums have fallen for the first time since H1 2018, with UK motorists now paying £762 on average, some £5 less than they were paying this time last year.
This also represents the smallest annual shift in prices since 2015.
The index showed that prices fell by 1% (
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Granite to create 300 new jobs
- Saga profits plummet in all operating areas
- Ecclesiastical's John Blundell to retire in 2020
- Ten takes small profit hit due to software house move