LV’s general insurance business reported GWP of £1.58bn for the full year 2018, close to the £1.60bn posted the previous year.
Underwriting profit was £99m (2017: £102m) while operating profit reached £107m, a slight fall on the £120m recorded the previous year.
COR increased marginally to 92% from 91.8%.
General insurance CEO, Steve Treloar, commented: “We are characterising it as a strong performance in a year of transition.”
The provider is partway through implementing a “joint venture”
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Investors value Ardonagh at £1.9bn