LV’s general insurance business reported GWP of £1.58bn for the full year 2018, close to the £1.60bn posted the previous year.
Underwriting profit was £99m (2017: £102m) while operating profit reached £107m, a slight fall on the £120m recorded the previous year.
COR increased marginally to 92% from 91.8%.
General insurance CEO, Steve Treloar, commented: “We are characterising it as a strong performance in a year of transition.”
The provider is partway through implementing a “joint venture”
The Insurance Age editorial team dig into this week's top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change
- FCA reiterates dual pricing concerns