In the year from 2017 to 2018, there was a 27% increase in fraudulent insurance claims across the UK according to fraud prevention body Cifas.
The figures of general fraudulent insurance claims varied with location.
For the 12 month period Wales saw a 24% decline; the East Midlands saw no change and the East of England saw a rise of 48%.
The organisation asked their 450 members the fraudulent activity they had experienced.
Members highlighted the two areas which received the majority of
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m
- Allianz appoints branch leaders