Markerstudy will continue to use Co-op’s CIS General Insurance brand once the deal goes through, Lizzie Smith-Foreman, director of group marketing and communications for Markerstudy Group has told Insurance Age.
The takeover, which is subject to regulatory approval, is Markerstudy’s first acquisition since it was bought by Qatar Re last year.
Markerstudy will pay £185m for the underwriting business with £70m of debt also transferring from Co-op’s balance sheet to the company. It is expected to
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Sure Thing! to be rebranded following sale to Policy Expert
- Romero Group moves to Applied Epic
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand