The average cost of an annual comprehensive car insurance policy rose by 2.7% in the final quarter of 2018 to £609.93, according to The AA’s British Insurance Premium Index.
It was the first rise recorded by the Shoparound research since the second quarter of 2017 when prices hit a record £693.
However despite the three month uplift the measure was still down 5.9% over 12 months due to the falls in the previous quarters.
The firm reported that falling premiums had been attributed to the Civil
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role