The average cost of an annual comprehensive car insurance policy rose by 2.7% in the final quarter of 2018 to £609.93, according to The AA’s British Insurance Premium Index.
It was the first rise recorded by the Shoparound research since the second quarter of 2017 when prices hit a record £693.
However despite the three month uplift the measure was still down 5.9% over 12 months due to the falls in the previous quarters.
The firm reported that falling premiums had been attributed to the Civil
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK