The average cost of an annual comprehensive car insurance policy rose by 2.7% in the final quarter of 2018 to £609.93, according to The AA’s British Insurance Premium Index.
It was the first rise recorded by the Shoparound research since the second quarter of 2017 when prices hit a record £693.
However despite the three month uplift the measure was still down 5.9% over 12 months due to the falls in the previous quarters.
The firm reported that falling premiums had been attributed to the Civil
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Lloyd's reveals soaring profit for H1 2019
- Hobbs reveals Allianz’s £35m debut at Lloyd’s
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- TL Dallas posts turnover and profit growth for 2018
- Samways retires after decade at Miles Smith
- Uber boss joins Inshur following partnership deal