The average cost of an annual comprehensive car insurance policy rose by 2.7% in the final quarter of 2018 to £609.93, according to The AA’s British Insurance Premium Index.
It was the first rise recorded by the Shoparound research since the second quarter of 2017 when prices hit a record £693.
However despite the three month uplift the measure was still down 5.9% over 12 months due to the falls in the previous quarters.
The firm reported that falling premiums had been attributed to the Civil
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Blog: The DNA of brokers is changing