Close Brothers Premium Finance has restored full functionality at its contact centre after a three hour outage yesterday (15 January).
The issue arose at 1pm and was fixed before 4.30pm.
During the outage Close Brothers tweeted that it was unable to deal with queries in its customer contact centre.
It urged customers to email instead and supplied two separate addresses for people in the UK and Ireland to use.
Insurance Age understands the incident was not due to a cyber-attack and was not in
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Three directors out as Policy Expert buys loss-making Sure Thing!
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Markel launches tech sector proposition
- Zurich-owned N&G launches new small craft product