Close Brothers Premium Finance has restored full functionality at its contact centre after a three hour outage yesterday (15 January).
The issue arose at 1pm and was fixed before 4.30pm.
During the outage Close Brothers tweeted that it was unable to deal with queries in its customer contact centre.
It urged customers to email instead and supplied two separate addresses for people in the UK and Ireland to use.
Insurance Age understands the incident was not due to a cyber-attack and was not in
- RSA boss Egan "not defensive" about broker criticism
- Andy Briggs to leave Aviva
- Qudos replacement policies reignite unrated debate
- Hiscox report shows cyber attacks are on the up
- Slow take-up of standardised Toba template was expected, says Biba
- FCA re-examines duty of care as report warns customers at risk of harm
- Experts predict further changes at Aviva following Briggs' exit