Insurance fraud cases reaching UK courts totalled £17m across 19 cases last year, KPMG has calculated.
According to the accountants, there were 24 cases with a combined value of £11.9m in the years 2014 – 2017.
The figures were released as part of KPMG’s Fraud Barometer, which records cases of alleged fraud with a value of more than £100,000.
The firm found that across society 453 of such cases with a total value of £1.2bn went to court in the UK last year.
KPMG detailed that while
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Markel buys books of business from Caunce O’Hara
- Egan reveals thinking behind RSA's commercial merger
- Jelf rebrand an opportunity for regional brokers, say experts
- The Blog Spot: RIP Jelf, hello Marsh Commercial - what's in a broking brand?
- CRL stops writing new business amid Alpha fallout
- Chris Dobson outlines future plans as he exits Ageas
- Hyperion merges Howden and RK Harrison