Reporter Emmanuel Kenning joins Insurance Age's news editor to look at the most read stories by brokers at the start of the new year.
The pair cast their eyes over Gallagher buying Stackhouse Poland and Jelf transfering personal lines business to A-Plan.
Use the link to hear their views and analysis. You can also download the podcast to listen later or subscribe in iTunes and Google Podcasts.
Top stories for the week commencing 7 January 2019:
1) Gallagher buys Stackhouse Poland
- Markerstudy buys Co-op underwriting in £185m deal
- Markerstudy to use Co-op’s brand after deal
- Aston Lark buys Irish broker Robertson Low
- Mark Cliff joins Be Wiser as NED
- Ageas consults on closure of Stoke and Port Solent operations
- Axa UK hires Shali Vasudeva as COO from Hiscox
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich partners with travel start-up Pluto