5. China Re completes Chaucer deal
China Reinsurance announced the completion of its takeover of Chaucer Holdings from The Hanover Insurance Group on 31 December 2018. The deal, for $950m (£726m), was previously revealed in September last year after news of Chaucer being for sale first came out in March.
4. Stackhouse Poland buys Bespoke Medical Indemnity
Stackhouse Poland has bought specialist medical indemnity broking firm Foley Healthcare which trades as Bespoke Medical Indemnity. The
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate