The Association of British Insurers (ABI) has calculated that the UK insurance industry paid out £55bn to customers in 2017.
The trade body’s latest Key Facts document set out the role the UK’s insurance and long-term savings sector played in supporting consumers and companies in their financial time of need.
A breakdown of the £55bn figure includes:
- Industry responds to reports of sexual harassment in Lloyd's
- FCA urges firms to apply for TPR and FSCR ahead of Brexit
- Ageas teams up with Darwin Clayton in £45m deal
- Marsh-parent raises $250m of fresh debt
- Blog: Future-proof professional indemnity
- Simon Matson says ‘complicated fat Arab’ slur regrettable but not discriminatory: Gallagher v Ardonagh
- UK Broker Awards open for entries