The Association of British Insurers (ABI) has calculated that the UK insurance industry paid out £55bn to customers in 2017.
The trade body’s latest Key Facts document set out the role the UK’s insurance and long-term savings sector played in supporting consumers and companies in their financial time of need.
A breakdown of the £55bn figure includes:
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role