The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) has confirmed that unrated Danish insurer Qudos Insurance was declared bankrupt on 20 December 2018.
Qudos provided a range of insurance policies to the UK retail and commercial market including for motor, GAP, sickness and warranty.
The development follows on from the Copenhagen-headquartered insurer being closed to new business on 18 October.
This November Qudos’ owners, New Nordic Advisors, put the firm into liquidation.
At that time it
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Investors value Ardonagh at £1.9bn