The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) has confirmed that unrated Danish insurer Qudos Insurance was declared bankrupt on 20 December 2018.
Qudos provided a range of insurance policies to the UK retail and commercial market including for motor, GAP, sickness and warranty.
The development follows on from the Copenhagen-headquartered insurer being closed to new business on 18 October.
This November Qudos’ owners, New Nordic Advisors, put the firm into liquidation.
At that time it
- David Ross accused of “not caring” about acting lawfully
- Aston Lark buys Highworth Insurance
- Zurich temporarily pulls out of direct home
- Allianz hires Gerry Ross as head of commercial motor
- Marsh-owner gains approval to buy Jardine Lloyd Thompson
- Arch Insurance International invests in MGA
- First Central Insurance & Technology takes CEO from Hastings