The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) has confirmed that unrated Danish insurer Qudos Insurance was declared bankrupt on 20 December 2018.
Qudos provided a range of insurance policies to the UK retail and commercial market including for motor, GAP, sickness and warranty.
The development follows on from the Copenhagen-headquartered insurer being closed to new business on 18 October.
This November Qudos’ owners, New Nordic Advisors, put the firm into liquidation.
At that time it
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change