The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) has confirmed that unrated Danish insurer Qudos Insurance was declared bankrupt on 20 December 2018.
Qudos provided a range of insurance policies to the UK retail and commercial market including for motor, GAP, sickness and warranty.
The development follows on from the Copenhagen-headquartered insurer being closed to new business on 18 October.
This November Qudos’ owners, New Nordic Advisors, put the firm into liquidation.
At that time it
- Markerstudy buys Co-op underwriting in £185m deal
- Markerstudy to use Co-op’s brand after deal
- Aston Lark buys Irish broker Robertson Low
- Mark Cliff joins Be Wiser as NED
- Ageas consults on closure of Stoke and Port Solent operations
- Axa UK hires Shali Vasudeva as COO from Hiscox
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich partners with travel start-up Pluto