The Association of British Insurers (ABI) has accepted that there needs to be a better balance between the insurance deals offered to new customers and the interests of long-standing customers.
The admission came as the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) savaged the industry and called for an end to “loyal customers being ripped off” across five different markets.
In October Citizens Advice issued a super-complaint against the household insurance, cash savings, mortgages, mobile phone
- David Ross accused of “not caring” about acting lawfully
- Aston Lark buys Highworth Insurance
- Zurich temporarily pulls out of direct home
- Allianz hires Gerry Ross as head of commercial motor
- Marsh-owner gains approval to buy Jardine Lloyd Thompson
- Arch Insurance International invests in MGA
- First Central Insurance & Technology takes CEO from Hastings