Ageas has decided to partially exit from broker travel business following a review of its broker travel model, Insurance Age can reveal.
The provider stated that its online broker travel facility was “no longer sustainable” but that it would be keeping its schemes open.
The insurer will close the doors on the online offering at the end of May 2019.
Brokers will still be able to place single, annual multi-trip, business travel and long-stay policies via the facility until then.
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Elite proposes solvency scheme to avoid liquidation
- IFB launches counter fraud database
- Motor market records best year since 1985 ahead of troubled future, says EY
- Momentum Broker Solutions unveils 2018 results
- Broker Network owner set to make more deals with fresh funding
- Brokers call on HMRC to reform IPT
- Two TMK executives resign amid fresh sexual harassment claims at Lloyd's