Ageas has decided to partially exit from broker travel business following a review of its broker travel model, Insurance Age can reveal.
The provider stated that its online broker travel facility was “no longer sustainable” but that it would be keeping its schemes open.
The insurer will close the doors on the online offering at the end of May 2019.
Brokers will still be able to place single, annual multi-trip, business travel and long-stay policies via the facility until then.
- Experts urge brokers to look over remuneration after FCA warning on GI distribution failings
- Wonga's Tara Waite (formerly Kneafsey) returns to insurance with Ageas role
- Nick Milton to develop Pen Underwriting’s broker strategy replacing Simon Taylor
- Tokio Marine Kiln’s Blundell joins Biba
- Brexit and customer fairness dominate FCA 2019/20 plans
- FCA proposes £537.7m fee budget for 2019/20
- PIB seeking to raise £100m - £200m to fund growth