Aviva has taken a majority stake in connected home provider Neos and is expected to close the deal in the first quarter of 2019.
According to the insurer the transaction is part of its strategy to build closer relationships with customers through digital technology.
It follows on from Aviva’s strategic investment in Neos in May 2017 through its corporate capital venture fund, Aviva Ventures.
At the time, the InsurTech start-up managing general agent secured a £5m series A investment led by the
- Nick Milton to develop Pen Underwriting’s broker strategy replacing Simon Taylor
- Experts urge brokers to look over remuneration after FCA warning on GI distribution failings
- Wonga's Tara Waite (formerly Kneafsey) returns to insurance with Ageas role
- Tokio Marine Kiln’s Blundell joins Biba
- PIB seeking to raise £100m - £200m to fund growth
- Brexit and customer fairness dominate FCA 2019/20 plans
- FCA warns brokers to be ready for SM&CR