Allianz UK reported a Q3 2018 combined operating ratio (COR) of 96.0%, an improvement on the 98.5% posted in the same period last year.
Gross written premium (GWP) fell slightly to £1.53bn from £1.59bn but operating profit increased to £113.6m (2017 Q3: £84.6m).
CEO Jon Dye commented: “Profits are up 34.3% over the same period in 2017 and the combined operating ratio has improved by 2.5% compared to this time last year.
“The revenue position reflects the transfer of Allianz’s personal home
- Aston Lark buys Highworth Insurance
- Zurich temporarily pulls out of direct home
- Allianz hires Gerry Ross as head of commercial motor
- Marsh-owner gains approval to buy Jardine Lloyd Thompson
- Arch Insurance International invests in MGA
- David Ross accused of “not caring” about acting lawfully
- Legal & General unveils tech solution for brokers