The recent announcement from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) expressing its concerns around insurance pricing practices should act as a “wake up call” for brokers and insurers according to Mike Crane, MD of LV Broker.
Speaking at Insurance Age’s Broker Expo in Coventry, Crane admitted that the report made for a “pretty uncomfortable read” but added that the regulatory focus provided a massive opportunity for brokers to differentiate themselves in the market.
Crane said that by focusing
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Mactavish chases “ultimate failure” £30m British Steel claim
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Ardonagh losses decrease for Q1