The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has flagged Youcompareinsurance as a website which it believes has been providing financial services or products without authorisation.
The FCA noted that “some firms act without our authorisation and some knowingly run investment scams” as it detailed email addresses, an 0333 phone number and a .co.uk site to avoid.
It urged people to be “especially wary” and use a regulated firm.
Clicking on the .co.uk web address, which does not contain the www. prefix
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey
- Investors value Ardonagh at £1.9bn
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff