The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has flagged Youcompareinsurance as a website which it believes has been providing financial services or products without authorisation.
The FCA noted that “some firms act without our authorisation and some knowingly run investment scams” as it detailed email addresses, an 0333 phone number and a .co.uk site to avoid.
It urged people to be “especially wary” and use a regulated firm.
Clicking on the .co.uk web address, which does not contain the www. prefix
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Granite to create 300 new jobs
- Saga profits plummet in all operating areas
- Ecclesiastical's John Blundell to retire in 2020
- Ten takes small profit hit due to software house move