Most insurers and brokers say they are ready for 10 December when the Senior Managers & Certification Regime (SMCR) comes into force.
However, ask if they are prepared for the impact on managing staff and they are generally less assured. The SMCR is much more than a structural tweak to your senior team.
The new certification and referencing regimes and conduct rules entail fundamental changes to the way employees are managed, to what records are kept about them and to workforce stability and
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Lloyd’s strategy change gets market backing
- Danish regulator orders Gefion not to expand its business volume
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role
- CRL close to finding replacement for Alpha policies
- FCA issues fresh clone broker warning