Mark Neale, chief executive of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS), will leave on 3 May 2019 after nine years in the role.
Neale told staff that he would stand down when his third, three year term as a director comes to an end next May.
“I think it is the right time to move on,” he said.
“I firmly believe that any organisation needs new leadership after nine years. And I want to take on new challenges.”
He had joined the FSCS in May 2010 after a career in the Civi
- FCA warns on clone of Ellis David Insurance Brokers
- InsurTech Futures: Ex-Brokerbility and Aviva expert targets on-demand market
- Miller buys Alston Gayler and Co
- Blog: Does your board meet FCA standards?
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Podcast: Certus' Ben Welsh looks at the top five stories of the week
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin