“Dual pricing is like crack cocaine. Once you get into it and use it then it’s almost impossible to wean yourself off of it.
“Every single player in the market is hooked on cracked cocaine,” Ian Hughes, chief executive of Consumer Intelligence told Insurance Age.
The comments followed the Citizens Advice super complaint to the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) which slammed the practice of overcharging loyal customers and warned again that consumers are being ripped off.
As well as home
- FCA warns on clone of Ellis David Insurance Brokers
- InsurTech Futures: Ex-Brokerbility and Aviva expert targets on-demand market
- Miller buys Alston Gayler and Co
- Blog: Does your board meet FCA standards?
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Podcast: Certus' Ben Welsh looks at the top five stories of the week
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin