“Dual pricing is like crack cocaine. Once you get into it and use it then it’s almost impossible to wean yourself off of it.
“Every single player in the market is hooked on crack cocaine,” Ian Hughes, chief executive of Consumer Intelligence told Insurance Age.
The comments followed the Citizens Advice super complaint to the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) which slammed the practice of overcharging loyal customers and warned again that consumers are being ripped off.
As well as home
- RSA boss Egan "not defensive" about broker criticism
- Andy Briggs to leave Aviva
- Qudos replacement policies reignite unrated debate
- Hiscox report shows cyber attacks are on the up
- Slow take-up of standardised Toba template was expected, says Biba
- Experts predict further changes at Aviva following Briggs' exit
- FCA re-examines duty of care as report warns customers at risk of harm