“Dual pricing is like crack cocaine. Once you get into it and use it then it’s almost impossible to wean yourself off of it.
“Every single player in the market is hooked on cracked cocaine,” Ian Hughes, chief executive of Consumer Intelligence told Insurance Age.
The comments followed the Citizens Advice super complaint to the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) which slammed the practice of overcharging loyal customers and warned again that consumers are being ripped off.
As well as home
- Gallagher buys Pavey Group
- Professional indemnity rates set to harden
- Fusion sports team moves into Geo Specialty after Ardonagh sale
- Opinion: Peter Cullum on the value of consolidation
- Brightside targeting £250m GWP within five years
- Aviva aims to disrupt the market with new subscription-style product
- The Blog Spot: Solving dual pricing with three figures