Close Brothers Premium Finance will only write recourse policies for Gefion Insurance-backed products from 1 November 2018, Insurance Age can reveal.
In a letter to brokers seen by Insurance Age, Close Brothers wrote: “Whilst we do not want to limit the choice of insurers for both our brokers and customers, Gefion is a relatively new insurer and we have a fast-growing exposure to them, which we want to limit.”
Close Brothers also confirmed the change would affect any insurance through Gefion
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role