Close Brothers Premium Finance will only write recourse policies for Gefion Insurance-backed products from 1 November 2018, Insurance Age can reveal.
In a letter to brokers seen by Insurance Age, Close Brothers wrote: “Whilst we do not want to limit the choice of insurers for both our brokers and customers, Gefion is a relatively new insurer and we have a fast-growing exposure to them, which we want to limit.”
Close Brothers also confirmed the change would affect any insurance through Gefion
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Investors value Ardonagh at £1.9bn
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey