Research by Ecclesiastical has revealed that 27% of brokers are still completely unaware of the Insurance Distribution Directive (IDD) despite needing to be fully compliant by 1 October 2018.
The interviews with a pool of 200 brokers found that only 31% feel fully prepared while 17% admitted they are not ready to comply.
The majority, 52%, said they still need further training in key areas such as governance, product terms and conditions, and assessing customer needs.
The percentage of
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change