Research by Ecclesiastical has revealed that 27% of brokers are still completely unaware of the Insurance Distribution Directive (IDD) despite needing to be fully compliant by 1 October 2018.
The interviews with a pool of 200 brokers found that only 31% feel fully prepared while 17% admitted they are not ready to comply.
The majority, 52%, said they still need further training in key areas such as governance, product terms and conditions, and assessing customer needs.
The percentage of
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Granite to create 300 new jobs
- Saga profits plummet in all operating areas
- Ecclesiastical's John Blundell to retire in 2020
- Ten takes small profit hit due to software house move