Research by Ecclesiastical has revealed that 27% of brokers are still completely unaware of the Insurance Distribution Directive (IDD) despite needing to be fully compliant by 1 October 2018.
The interviews with a pool of 200 brokers found that only 31% feel fully prepared while 17% admitted they are not ready to comply.
The majority, 52%, said they still need further training in key areas such as governance, product terms and conditions, and assessing customer needs.
The percentage of
- David Ross accused of “not caring” about acting lawfully
- Aston Lark buys Highworth Insurance
- Zurich temporarily pulls out of direct home
- Allianz hires Gerry Ross as head of commercial motor
- Marsh-owner gains approval to buy Jardine Lloyd Thompson
- Arch Insurance International invests in MGA
- First Central Insurance & Technology takes CEO from Hastings