Research by Ecclesiastical has revealed that 27% of brokers are still completely unaware of the Insurance Distribution Directive (IDD) despite needing to be fully compliant by 1 October 2018.
The interviews with a pool of 200 brokers found that only 31% feel fully prepared while 17% admitted they are not ready to comply.
The majority, 52%, said they still need further training in key areas such as governance, product terms and conditions, and assessing customer needs.
The percentage of
- Biba warns of 'uncharted waters' as Theresa May's Brexit deal is rejected
- In Person: Jacques Verlingue boss of Adélaïde Group, owner of Finch and ICB
- Qudos Insurance liquidator writes to UK customers
- PIB merges underwriting offerings
- GRP-owned County buys Swinford Insurance Consultants
- Close Brothers Premium Finance restores contact centre after outage
- Cross-border broker partnership plans escalate ahead of Brexit