Steve Kuncewicz, partner at law firm BLM has updated delegates at Insurance Age’s 2018 UK Broker Summit on the lessons learned in the first 100 days under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) regime and the efforts that need to be taken to ensure ongoing compliance.
GDPR and the new rules on how organisations hold and manage personal data on individuals came into force on 25 May.
Kuncewicz told the audience that the date was never meant to be a “cliff edge” and that now was the time
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Romero Group moves to Applied Epic