The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has warned consumers about fraudsters using a clone of UK Insurance.
UK Insurance is the underwriting entity of Direct Line Group which does not sell directly through the brand.
According to the regulator, fraudsters from cloned firms try to con the public by mixing in their own false details with the correct ones of an authorised business.
The FCA listed an international telephone number and website with a .cc address as among the details to be aware of
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Blog: The DNA of brokers is changing