The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has warned consumers about fraudsters using a clone of UK Insurance.
UK Insurance is the underwriting entity of Direct Line Group which does not sell directly through the brand.
According to the regulator, fraudsters from cloned firms try to con the public by mixing in their own false details with the correct ones of an authorised business.
The FCA listed an international telephone number and website with a .cc address as among the details to be aware of
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role