Credit ratings agencies have issued a measured response to Apollo Global Management’s $2.6bn cash deal for Aspen Insurance Holdings.
The takeover of the whole company by the private equity firm is subject to regulatory and shareholder approval but has been backed by Aspen’s board and is expected to complete in the first half of 2019.
Both Moody’s and S&P declared that their views on Aspen remain unchanged while AM Best announced a review.
Moody’s affirmed the A2 insurance financial strength
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- Adrian Brown becomes NED at SSP
- Waite-led Premium Credit takes Howells from Close Brothers and Thomas from RSA