Zurich UK’s CEO Tulsi Naidu has hailed the H1 2018 numbers for the general insurance division as a strong result.
The numbers showed that the GI COR improved to 95.5%, significantly ahead of last year’s 99.2% (119.0% including Ogden impact).
In addition business operating profit also shot up to £75.9 million – up 24% on £61.1 million in H1 2017.
If the Ogden rate is taken in to account BOP increased 162%, up from -£123m in the same period last year.
GWP was stable at £1.2bn.
- Aviva grows mid-market appetite
- MRIB buys Independents
- Ex-Enterprise non-exec chairman Nick Cruz sues Gibraltar regulator for libel
- Unauthorised broker targets customers on Instagram
- Acturis set to seek new minority PE investor
- Saffron buys Farmer Insurance Brokers
- Biba warns of 'uncharted waters' as Theresa May's Brexit deal is rejected