Hiscox is poised to reach one million retail customers in 2018 with half coming through the brokers and half through the direct channel, non-executive chairman Robert Childs has confirmed.
The prediction came as the insurer released results for the first half of the year.
Across the group, gross written premium (GWP) was up 21% to $2.23bn [£1.7bn] as profit hit $163.6m and the combined operating ratio (COR) came in at 87.9%.
The insurer did not release profit figures for the UK & Ireland
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Lloyd’s strategy change gets market backing
- Danish regulator orders Gefion not to expand its business volume
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role
- CRL close to finding replacement for Alpha policies
- FCA issues fresh clone broker warning