Hiscox is poised to reach one million retail customers in 2018 with half coming through the brokers and half through the direct channel, non-executive chairman Robert Childs has confirmed.
The prediction came as the insurer released results for the first half of the year.
Across the group, gross written premium (GWP) was up 21% to $2.23bn [£1.7bn] as profit hit $163.6m and the combined operating ratio (COR) came in at 87.9%.
The insurer did not release profit figures for the UK & Ireland
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Aston Lark on cusp of £320m Goldman Sachs investment
- Esure hires former Aviva UKGI boss David McMillan as CEO
- Biba will return to Manchester in 2020
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- FCA warns of clone MGA