A former Aviva employee has been sentenced to 22 months in jail at a hearing at Perth Sheriff Court in Scotland.
The Courier newspaper reported that Aaron Williams, 29, of Hospital Street, Perth, admitted taking £90,000 from the insurer between 1 November 2012 and 6 May 2015 to fund his gambling habit.
It detailed that Williams, working in Pitheavlis, had given fake refunds to customers and put the money into nine bank accounts. However, he was caught out when a colleague became suspicious abo
- Opinion: Who would believe it? When unrated is “good”
- Gallagher buys Portmore Insurance Brokers
- Ardonagh sells Direct Group’s claims business for £36m
- Applied Net 2018: Google takes minority stake in Applied
- Ingenie founder Richard King unveils new telematics insurer backed by Gary Lineker
- Tasker set to make acquisitions
- InsurTech Futures: Four major insurers join ex-Aviva director Fraser Edmond's platform