A former Aviva employee has been sentenced to 22 months in jail at a hearing at Perth Sheriff Court in Scotland.
The Courier newspaper reported that Aaron Williams, 29, of Hospital Street, Perth, admitted taking £90,000 from the insurer between 1 November 2012 and 6 May 2015 to fund his gambling habit.
It detailed that Williams, working in Pitheavlis, had given fake refunds to customers and put the money into nine bank accounts. However, he was caught out when a colleague became suspicious
- Aviva grows mid-market appetite
- MRIB buys Independents
- Ex-Enterprise non-exec chairman Nick Cruz sues Gibraltar regulator for libel
- Unauthorised broker targets customers on Instagram
- Biba warns of 'uncharted waters' as Theresa May's Brexit deal is rejected
- Saffron buys Farmer Insurance Brokers
- NMU in specialist line-led restructure