A former Aviva employee has been sentenced to 22 months in jail at a hearing at Perth Sheriff Court in Scotland.
The Courier newspaper reported that Aaron Williams, 29, of Hospital Street, Perth, admitted taking £90,000 from the insurer between 1 November 2012 and 6 May 2015 to fund his gambling habit.
It detailed that Williams, working in Pitheavlis, had given fake refunds to customers and put the money into nine bank accounts. However, he was caught out when a colleague became suspicious
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey
- Esure hires former Aviva UKGI boss David McMillan as CEO
- Blog: The DNA of brokers is changing