An event such as the collapse of unrated Alpha Insurance is where “relationships come to the fore”, according to Close Brothers Premium Finance chief executive Sharon Bishop.
Alpha was declared bankrupt on 8 May having gone into liquidation at the start of March.
The premium finance house had time to monitor the situation between the original orderly-run off plans and when Alpha’s policies were abruptly cancelled leaving people left without cover.
“It doesn’t happen very often but when it
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Mactavish chases “ultimate failure” £30m British Steel claim
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- BGL launches new short-term motor insurance brand