An event such as the collapse of unrated Alpha Insurance is where “relationships come to the fore”, according to Close Brothers Premium Finance chief executive Sharon Bishop.
Alpha was declared bankrupt on 8 May having gone into liquidation at the start of March.
The premium finance house had time to monitor the situation between the original orderly-run off plans and when Alpha’s policies were abruptly cancelled leaving people left without cover.
“It doesn’t happen very often but when it
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- GRP buys risk management firm H&S Click