Axa has partnered with InsurTech start-up By Miles to underwrite its on-demand motor policies when it officially launches in May.
The broker is set to go live with its first policies and driving app to waiting list members next month.
The product is aimed at motorists that drive infrequently – typically under 7,000 miles a year.
Axa explained that rather than paying an annual premium, drivers pay a lower fixed amount each year to cover their non-driving risks, such as theft and vandalis
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- Axa partners with Gresham in £20m deal
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups
- SEIB eyeing buys to support ongoing organic growth