Axa has partnered with InsurTech start-up By Miles to underwrite its on-demand motor policies when it officially launches in May.
The broker is set to go live with its first policies and driving app to waiting list members next month.
The product is aimed at motorists that drive infrequently – typically under 7,000 miles a year.
Axa explained that rather than paying an annual premium, drivers pay a lower fixed amount each year to cover their non-driving risks, such as theft and vandalis
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData