Howden and Barbican have confirmed they are involved in a legal dispute with the Danish guarantee fund following business placed with Liechtenstein insurer Gable, which went bust in 2016.
Re-Insurance reported that the fund – which protects Danish policyholders - is after Howden, a subsidiary of Hyperion, and Barbican for 96m Danish Kroner (£11.25m) to recoup some of the costs it has paid to policyholders caught in the wake of the Gable collapse.
It is understood that Howden, Sweden placed del
- Aviva denies being on “big crusade on broker commissions”
- Simply Business reveals losses for 2017
- CII targeting December 2018 for chartered MGA status
- Brokers have "heads in the sand" around succession, says Aviva's Bayles
- Allianz takes new CFO from Ageas
- #Insagepeople: 20 - 26 August 2018
- Amazon ponders UK aggregator site - reports