Howden and Barbican have confirmed they are involved in a legal dispute with the Danish guarantee fund following business placed with Liechtenstein insurer Gable, which went bust in 2016.
Re-Insurance reported that the fund – which protects Danish policyholders - is after Howden, a subsidiary of Hyperion, and Barbican for 96m Danish Kroner (£11.25m) to recoup some of the costs it has paid to policyholders caught in the wake of the Gable collapse.
It is understood that Howden, Sweden placed
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- Members surprised at Fairchild’s Broker Network exit
- InsurTech: Meet the tech insiders
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- MGA Fiducia and Hiscox sever marine cargo ties
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal
- Circle expands again in 2018