Viewed in a different light, the commoditisation of cargo insurance might be seen as an inevitable consequence of falling rates over several years of the soft market. This coupled with commission rates that are greater than they should be.
But it doesn’t necessarily mean that the cargo market will all succumb to commoditisation.
The commoditisation development is a perfectly good business tool for the run of the mill cargo risk, most of which don’t require any bespoke broking or underwriting.
- Aviva denies being on “big crusade on broker commissions”
- Simply Business reveals losses for 2017
- CII targeting December 2018 for chartered MGA status
- Brokers have "heads in the sand" around succession, says Aviva's Bayles
- Allianz takes new CFO from Ageas
- #Insagepeople: 20 - 26 August 2018
- Amazon ponders UK aggregator site - reports