Viewed in a different light, the commoditisation of cargo insurance might be seen as an inevitable consequence of falling rates over several years of the soft market. This coupled with commission rates that are greater than they should be.
But it doesn’t necessarily mean that the cargo market will all succumb to commoditisation.
The commoditisation development is a perfectly good business tool for the run of the mill cargo risk, most of which don’t require any bespoke broking or underwriting.
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData